Formed from the (etyl) suffix (-ana); compare ism (from ).
A collection of things associated with a person or place, especially a personal collection of anecdotes or conversations at table
* 1803 , publisher's advertisement in Memoirs of the Late Mrs. Robinson ,
* 1903', , Franklin B. Sawvel (editor), ''The complete '''anas of Thomas Jefferson , Round Table Press, New York
* 2008 , Kevin J. Hayes, The road to Monticello: The life and mind of Thomas Jefferson ,
- The FRENCH ANAS', or Selections from the best of the French ' Anas , interspersed with biographical sketches. In three elegant Volumes, small 8vo. price 15s. boards
- Jefferson was aware of the literary tradition of anas , which extended back at least as far as Athenaeus's Dipnosophistarum , a delightful collection of table talk from ancient times covering a variety of subjects including law, literature, medicine, and philosophy.
From Greek (aná), of each .
(in prescriptions ) Of each; an equal quantity; as, wine and honey, ana (or contracted to aa), / ij. (that is, of wine and honey, each, two ounces).
(Internet, slang) Anorexia (used especially by the pro-ana movement).
(etyl); see (ana-).
In a direction analogous to up, but along the additional axis added by the fourth dimension.
* 1985 , Rudy von Bitter Rucker, The Fourth Dimension: A Guided Tour of the Higher Universes (page 43)
* 2005 , Animation journal (volumes 13-15)
- Your right half would move ana , let us say, and your left half would move kata. The two halves would, in their parallel spaces, move past the plane of rotation, and then they would swing back into our space.
- Added to the conventional FPS control keys are two extra keys that move the player in ana and kata direction in 4d space. If you go in this extra direction the space around you changes, the room transforms.