Amplitude vs Clipper - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between amplitude and clipper
is that amplitude
is the measure of something's size, especially in terms of width or breadth; largeness, magnitude while clipper
is anything that clips.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The measure of something's size, especially in terms of width or breadth; largeness, magnitude.
- The cathedral of Lincoln is a magnificent structure, proportionable to the amplitude of the diocese.
- amplitude of mind
(mathematics) The maximum absolute value of the vertical component of a curve or function, especially one that is periodic.
(physics) The maximum absolute value of some quantity that varies.
(astronomy) The arc of the horizon between the true east or west point and the center of the sun, or a star, at its rising or setting. At the rising, the amplitude is eastern or ortive: at the setting, it is western, occiduous, or occasive. It is also northern or southern, when north or south of the equator.
(astronomy) The arc of the horizon between the true east or west point and the foot of the vertical circle passing through any star or object.
(firearms) The horizontal line which measures the distance to which a projectile is thrown; the range.
- amplitude of comprehension
Anything that clips.
* 2010 , James Morrow, The Last Witchfinder
(chiefly, in the plural) A tool used for clipping something, such as hair, coins, or fingernails.
Something that moves swiftly; especially:
# (nautical) Any of several forms of very fast sailing ships having a long, low hull and a sharply raked stem.
# (informal) An Alberta clipper.
(electronics) A circuit which prevents the amplitude of a wave from exceeding a set value.
- Surtouts billowing in an unseasonably fierce wind, the ursine Chelmsford magistrate and his equally bulky constable herded their bound prisoners – three murderers, three thieves, a coin clipper , two convicted witches – across the Common
* (Dutch; nautical ) klipper, klipperaak (g)
* Alberta clipper
* Clipper chip