As nouns the difference between production and ampelology
is that production
is the act of producing, making or creating something while ampelology
is the study of the cultivation and production of vines.
The act of producing, making or creating something.
The act of bringing something forward, out etc. for use or consideration.
* 1910 , , "The Lost Sanjak", Reginald in Russia :
- The widget making machine is being used for production now.
the act of being produced
- I tramped to a neighbouring market-town, and, late as the hour was, the production of a few shillings procured me supper and a night's lodging in a cheap coffee-house.
the total amount produced
- The widgets are coming out of production now.
the presentation of a theatrical work
- They hope to increase spaghetti production next year.
an occasion or activity made more complicated than necessary
- We went to a production of Hamlet.
that which is manufactured or is ready for manufacturing in volume (as opposed to a prototype or conceptual model)
- He made a simple meal into a huge production .
The act of lengthening out or prolonging.
- This is the final production model.
* production line
The study of the cultivation and production of vines