Videotex vs Alphaphotographics - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between videotex and alphaphotographics
is that videotex
is teletext while alphaphotographics
is a display made up of text characters combined with high-resolution photographic images (proposed as a future form of videotex).
Any of various early information retrieval services, such as viewdata and Teletext systems, that delivered pages of computerized text to users on request.
* 1980 , IEEE Computer Society, Computer?
* 1984 , The Radio and Electronic Engineer?
- A variety of extensions of this basic videotex terminal can be foreseen.
- In this paper, the development of a microprocessor based system for converting videotex pages to synthetic speech in real time, for the benefit of blind people, is described.
A display made up of text characters combined with high-resolution photographic images (proposed as a future form of videotex).
* 1987 , Jerome Aumente, New electronic pathways: videotex, teletext, and online databases
- Photographic quality or alphaphotographics have arrived, and interaction with videodiscs and video images represent a next level. But it is a question of feasibility rather than technological breakthroughs.