What is the difference between alpha and pager?
As nouns the difference between alpha and pager
is that alpha
is the name of the first letter of the greek alphabet ('''), followed by beta in the latin alphabet it is the predecessor to ' a
is a device for receiving alpha-numeric messages.
As a adjective alpha
is designates the first in an order of precedence.
The name of the first letter of the Greek alphabet ('''), followed by beta. In the Latin alphabet it is the predecessor to ' A .
(science) The name of the symbols ?' and ' ? used in science and mathematics, often interchangeable with the symbols when used as a prefix.
:: I will attempt to make an alpha particle ("?-particle") with the large hadron collider.
(finance) The return of a given asset or portfolio adjusted for systematic risk.
An alpha male.
* 2008 , Faye Flam, The Score: How the Quest for Sex Has Shaped the Modern Man , Avery (2008), ISBN 9781436225786,
* 2008 , The New Black Lace Book of Women's Sexual Fantasies (ed. Mitzi Szereto), Black Lace (2008), ISBN 9780352341723,
- Being a beta male in a species with alphas doesn't mean you have to sit out the mating game.
* 2009 , Martin G. Groder & Pat Webster, Winning at Love: The Alpha Male's Guide to Relationship Success , Bascom Hill Books (2009), ISBN 9781935456049,
- I'm still turned on by alpha males. I think there are only a couple of other men that turn me on . . . ones that are clearly not alphas .
(informal, abbreviation) Alphabet.
(computer graphics) The level of translucency of a color, as determined by the alpha channel.
- This book is primarily for alpha males, or “top dogs.” We'll talk more about that later; but let's just say that if you are a man and successful in the world of trade, business, or profession, most likely you are an alpha', or you have been trained to ''act like'' an ' alpha .
* alpha and omega
* alpha blending
* alpha channel
* alpha emitter
* alpha helix
* alpha male
* alpha particle
* alpha ray
* alpha wave
* alpha ray
* alpha testing
* alpha version
Designates the first in an order of precedence.
associated with the alpha male/female archetype.
(star) Designates the brightest star in a constellation.
- I am the alpha male.
- When space travel becomes feasible, I plan to visit Alpha Centauri.
* alpha blogger
* Alpha Centauri,
* alpha female
* alpha geek
A device for receiving alpha-numeric messages
A computer program running in a text terminal, used to view (but not modify) the contents of a text file moving down the file one line or one screen at a time.