Woolly vs Agogwe - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between woolly and agogwe
is that woolly
is (informal) a sweater or similar garment made of wool or woolly
can be (liverpool|pejorative) someone not born in liverpool (especially from the towns of wigan, st helen's, widnes, warrington and runcorn) while agogwe
is a supposed small human-like biped reported from the forests of east africa, said to have long rust-coloured woolly hair and yellowish-red skin.
As an adjective woolly
is made of wool.
Made of wool.
Having a thick, soft texture, as if made of wool.
- Put on a woolly jumper and turn down the thermostat.
(figuratively) Of thinking, principles, etc, based on emotion rather than logic.
- woolly hair
(figuratively) Unclear, fuzzy, hazy, cloudy.
(obsolete) Clothed in wool.
- That's the sort of woolly thinking that causes wars to start.
- woolly breeders
* woolly hat
* woolly-headed, wooly-headed
* woolly-minded (British) and (US), wooly-minded (US)
(informal) A sweater or similar garment made of wool
(Liverpool, pejorative) Someone not born in Liverpool (especially from the towns of Wigan, St Helen's, Widnes, Warrington and Runcorn).
A supposed small human-like biped reported from the forests of East Africa, said to have long rust-coloured woolly hair and yellowish-red skin.
* 1984 , Janet Bord, Colin Bord, The evidence for Bigfoot and other man-beasts
- They were, he said, agogwe , the little furry men whom one does not see...