As adjectives the difference between affirmative and affirmational
is that affirmative
is pertaining to truth; asserting that something is
; affirming while affirmational
is relating to affirmation.
As a noun affirmative
is yes; an answer that shows agreement or acceptance.
pertaining to truth; asserting that something is ; affirming
pertaining to any assertion or active confirmation that favors a particular result
- an affirmative answer
- an affirmative vote
- an act affirmative of common law
(logic) Expressing the agreement of the two terms of a proposition.
(algebra) positive; not negative
- Lysicles was a little disconcerted by the affirmative air of Crito.
* affirmative action
Yes; an answer that shows agreement or acceptance.
- That's an affirmative Houston, the space shuttle has lost the secondary thrusters.
(grammatical terminology) An answer that shows agreement or acceptance.
(obsolete) An assertion.
* 1646 , Sir Thomas Browne, Pseudodoxia Epidemica , III.17:
- 10-4 good buddy. That's an affirmative - the tractor trailer is in the ditch at the side of the highway.
- that every hare is both male and female, beside the vulgar opinion, was the affirmative of Archelaus, of Plutarch, Philostratus, and many more.
* affirmative sentence
Relating to affirmation.