Adoration vs Blasphemy - What's the difference?
Adoration is an antonym of blasphemy.
As nouns the difference between adoration and blasphemy
is that adoration
is (countable) an act of religious worship while blasphemy
is irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.
(countable) An act of religious worship.
* a. 1779 ,
(uncountable) Admiration or esteem.
- We incessantly look forward, and endeavour, by prayers, adoration , and sacrifice, to appease those unknown powers, whom we find, by experience, so able to afflict and oppress us.
(uncountable) The act of adoring; loving devotion or fascination.
- ...if she can create the sense of beauty in people whose lives have been sordid and ugly...she is worthy of all your adoration', worthy of the ' adoration of the world.
- He adored Sorais quite as earnestly as Sir Henry adored Nyleptha, and his adoration had not altogether prospered.
Irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable.
The act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for any religion's deity or deities.
The act of claiming the attributes of a deity.
- That imam said that drawing the prophet Muhammad is a form of blasphemy .
* (irreverent language) cursing]], cussing, execration, imprecation, profanity, [[swear, swearing
* (unholy act) profanation, desecration, sacrilege, violation
* reverence, veneration, worship, adoration