Rain vs Acidrain - What's the difference?
Condensed water falling from a cloud.
- We've been having a lot of rain lately .
(figuratively) Any matter moving or falling, usually through air, and especially if liquid or otherwise figuratively identifiable with raindrops.
(figuratively) An instance of particles or larger pieces of matter moving or falling through air.
- The rains came late that year.
- A rain of mortar fire fell on our trenches.
* (l) (obsolete)
* shower, downpour, drop are some of the words used to count rain.
* See also
(impersonal) To have rain fall from the sky.
To fall as or like rain.
- It will rain today.
- The rain it raineth every day.
To fall in large quantities.
- Tears rained from her eyes.
To issue (something) in large quantities.
- Bombs rained from the sky.
- The boxer rained punches on his opponent's head.
* Also see
* it never rains but it pours
* rain cats and dogs, rain dogs and cats
* rain down
* rain off
Not English Acidrain has no English definition. It may be misspelled.