Absence vs Abscence - What's the difference?
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A state of being away or withdrawn from a place or from companionship; the period of being away.
* (rfdate) (w) 2:12
Failure to be present where one is expected, wanted, or needed; nonattendance; deficiency.
- Not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence .
* (rfdate) - Kent
Lack; deficiency; nonexistence.
- In the absence of conventional law.
Inattention to things present; abstraction (of mind). [ ]
* (rfdate), (Joseph Addison) (1672-1719)
* 1824-1829? , (w), (Imaginary Conversations)
- Reflecting on the little absences and distractions of mankind.
(medical) Temporary loss or disruption of consciousness, with sudden onset and recovery, and common in epilepsy.
- To conquer that abstraction which is called absence .
(fencing) Lack of contact between blades.
* absence makes the heart grow fonder
* (state of being away) presence
* existence, possession, sufficiency
Not English Abscence has no English definition. It may be misspelled.