Abdominal vs Abominable - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between abdominal and abominable
is that abdominal
is of or pertaining to the abdomen; ventral while abominable
is worthy of, or causing, abhorrence, as a thing of evil omen; odious in the utmost degree; very hateful; detestable; loathsome; execrable .
As a noun abdominal
is (zoology|obsolete) a fish of the order abdominales.
Of or pertaining to the abdomen; ventral.
- abdominal muscles
(ichthyology) Having the ventral fins under the abdomen and behind the pectoral fins.
- abdominal cavity
(ichthyology) Ventral, in describing a fin. [ ]
(zoology, obsolete) Belonging to the order Abdominales of fish.
* (of or pertaining to the abdomen) ventral
* abdominal ring
(zoology, obsolete) A fish of the order Abdominales.
* (fish) Cypriniformes.
* (obsolete) abhominable
Worthy of, or causing, abhorrence, as a thing of evil omen; odious in the utmost degree; very hateful; detestable; loathsome; execrable.
* But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable , and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. — Revelation 21:8 (KJV)
(obsolete) Excessive, large (used as an intensifier).
* (and other bibliographic particulars) (George Perkins Marsh)
Very bad or inferior.
Disagreeable or unpleasant.
- Note:''''' (Juliana Berners) ... informs us that in her time (15th century), "' abomynable syght of monkes" was elegant English for "a large company of friars".
* Nouns to which "abominable" is often applied: man, woman, crime, act, deed, sin, vice, character, place, mystery, treatment, church.
* abominable snowman